8 TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS:
Are you ready for the Seasonal threats of the Winter season, if you want to stay healthy during the Winter months Now is the time to start thinking about prevention.
Here are some things you can do to get ready for Winter:
1. HYDRATE: Drink the right amount of Water for your weight. That’s a no brainer, however it also takes some planning. Purchase a large container that you can fill up in the morning. Have it where you can see it (out of sight out of mind) This will help you hydrate adequately. Adding a drop or two of Lemon Essential Oil helps as well and will also act as a mild detox. During the Winter season it’s even more important to drink adequate amounts of water.
2. STRESS LESS: Keep your stress level to a minimum. Studies have linked high stress levels to being more susceptible to colds and flu. When we think about our problems non stop our body starts to show signs of stress. What are some things we can do to alleviate stress? Some ways to relieve stress 1. Talk to a trusted friend about what’s bothering you. 2. Take a walk preferably in nature. 3 Plan things instead of just letting life happen. Stress can make you sick.
3. EXERCISE: Regularly. It’s important to keep your body moving. Even a short walk on winter days gives your body a boost. Exercise benefits every part of our body including our mind. It can help ward off chronic disease. It can help you stay well as you age. Remember to do something you love. It’s the only way you will keep doing it.
4. EAT fresh fruits & vegetables and a minimal amount of clean meat. Most of us do not eat enough fruits and vegetables. Think of fruits and vegetables as junk food prevention. filling up on the fuel that the body needs we will be less likely to reach for unhealthy alternatives. This gives your body the needed fuel to stay healthy.
6. SUPPLEMENTATION: Even if we eat perfectly, our food does not contain the minerals and nutrients that they did in our grandmothers day. You will need to boost your diet with proper supplementation A 2002 Article the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Association, one of the leading medical journals in the United States, shocked the medical community by publishing a study that recommended that all adults should take a multivitamin supplement to help prevent chronic diseases.
7. HAND WASHING: Especially in view of where we are in time (Covid-19) the importance of hand washing is paramount. Keep the viruses and bacteria out of your eyes and mouth and nose to help prevent infection. Why is hand washing so important? Well each time we touch a surface we encounter unknown germs. These germs can be transferred to our nose, eyes and mouth and surfaces in our home. Washing your hands frequently will minimize the transferring of germs to the inside of our bodies, our food or to a surface where we could be reinfected. (Have OnGuard Sanitizer on hand when unable to wash with soap and water)
8. ESSENTIAL OILS: Are a must have to protect yourself and help support your immune system. There are a variety of Essential Oils that have been found to be highly effective in strengthening the body and help boost the immune system to help with seasonal threats. Why Essential Oils. Research shows some Essential Oils can help protect us from harmful bacteria and viruses. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28296357/
These are some of the Products that I use to stay healthy in the Winter.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!